Sunday Service at the Oil Church in San Francisco

My home away from home church is the Free Evangelic Church. It was one of those liberating Sundays for me to sneak out and go to the Oil Church, as it is informally known as, in San Francisco. Located in the Mission District neighborhood in the city, the church has an indiscriminate front which is easily missed when looking for the building. Today, I got to slip out with the Scooby gang, my sons Matt, and Joshua, and with us were Andrea and Devon and Luke. The Oil Church earned it's name by the manifestation of oil that occurs during church service. For the past 60 years or so, the Free Evangelical Church of San Francisco, gets regular visitations, by 650 angels during the gospel service.

Many long time attendees of the Free Evangelic have Bibles that looked like they were left out in the rain. Which they weren't, of course. The Bibles are saturated with Holy Oil that manifests when the angels enter the church service. Shown below, is my personal Bible, which was anointed, during a visit back in May of 2011.

One particular visit, last year, during worship, oil started manifesting on the preaching podium. The Holy Spirit manifested with the angels and left physical evidence with the anointing oil. Most typical visits, oil will manifest in the window sills and on the baptistry.


In the picture above, you can see a closeup photograph of the oil manifesting on the baptistry.The shiny wet splotches in the picture show the oil manifestation taken place. The past several times I have been at the church you can feel the manifestation taking place. It feels like the atmosphere of a Thunderstorm, if that makes any sense in describing it. If you aren't sensitive to spirits you probably won't notice it at first. No matter what, it's cool to see God's glory and the manifestation of the Holy Spirit. It's a very small congregation and the church is financially struggling. But the manifestations have been taking place since the 1960s. I love this church, it's so simple. There is nothing complicated in the worship or the sermon, it is simple and refreshing in it's simplicity. It's not a performance. And God is moved by the people there. 

Below is a picture of Reverend Gianakos preaching with Brother Terry.


Brother Terry was reading from Acts 1:4-11 while the Reverend preached. It was a good word and there was prayer for healing afterward. Reverend laid his hands on my torn rotor cuff on my shoulder and prayed for healing. That was cool to have him pray for me. I really respect this preacher and his anointing. 

And of course, there is the end worship with every service. "Count your blessings one-by-one". It gets loose with brother Ted on the drums and brother Harry on the tambourines. If you ever want to experience God and see how uncomplicated God can be - visit the Free Evangelic Church. And while you're there, bless their socks off in the offering. 

Devon, after the service decided this may be her new church home in the city. It was simple and carried an incredible power and anointing with it.

After church service, we returned to our cars only to find out that SFPD had ticketed the cars. They have never -EVER done this before. This Sunday, April 14, they targeted several churches, who have to double park in the streets for church parking, and ticketed the congregation for $110 per ticket. Gotta love the city. So there was some local police activity between the Reverend, who defended his permit and congregation parking to a poor police officer who truly regretted the wrath he brought on. As long as I had been going to the Free Evangelic Church, the norm was to double park and to move the orange cone to behind your vehicle to alert traffic there are parked cars in the street. It's a shame the city chose to do this on Sunday to various churches. 

Well, the Free Evangelic Church, as I said is my home church away from home. When I need the fortress of solitude I go to the Free Evangelic Church. It's a blessing and I am thankful for Rev. Gianakos and his ministry.

Blessings.

Rev. Mike

Closing note:
04/21/15 - Sadly the Free Evangelic church has closed it does and sold the property.
If you have any cool testimonies about this church please post them here. This was a phenomenal church, it's sad to see the doors closed. 

Here is another blog posting I found on the angelic visitations that occurred at this church.


Comments

  1. I was saved in this church on May 22, 1977. I was a young girl, just 17, and had run away from home after my father's death. My life was a mess. Three months after my salvation, I went to Simpson Bible College and my life has never been the same. I am married, with four children, and still in love with Jesus. I thank God everyday for the ministry of this church that helped me as a young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting your testimony. I loved this church. Reverend Gionakos retired and sold the church property.
    It was sad to see the end of an incredible era with this church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was saved in 1979. While this church was not my home church I would often visit this church at the evening services. I attended many services there. I remember the holy oil dripping down the windows and appearing on the drums during worship. I remember watching oil pour down from the center of the ceiling but not coming out of the ceiling. I used to bring different people to visit the church and many were anointed with the oil or had their bibles anointed. I can still remember the smell of the sweet oil. I still have my same bible that was anointed on two separate occasions with oil oozing from the center of the pages outward. I also had my head and forehead anointed with the angelic holy oil. I remember Reverend Gianakos taking off his shoes and running down the isles as he preached. I remember waiting in line to receive prayer from him before the services. He sure loved the Lord. I never understood how this church did not draw national attention with the consistent anointing of oil from the angels. I just recalled this supernatural manifestation of oil while talking to a friend tonight. I began an internet search and found your blog and now the sad news that the church was just sold. What will become of it? I pray that the people who use the property will come to be saved and honor our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Thanks for your blog where I have just reminisced about wonderful and sweet times in the presence of my amazing savior - Yshua.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to read everyone’s reminisces about Reverend Gianakos his sermons and the miracle manifestation of the holy anointing of the church itself the Bible’s of the faithful their heads and most importantly their lives by the Holy Spirit. Blessings and gratitude to Reverend Gianakos his extended and faithful family and to all the others who have passed through those doors visible and invisible may God continue to work within ius in mighty ways as we await the coming of our Lord. Great mysteries indeed great blessing for sure. I count myself eternally blessed and also so humbly grateful to have been a guest in thie midst of this miracleous congregation. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am skeptic when it comes for oil manifesting from no where. The oil is mineral oil. It is odorless and clear. It comes from the ground naturally. When it is use in a church service as a idol for healing I question it. It has no healing power as to say it is the present of Christ. It is Christ Jesus alone that heals us. According to the Scripture there is no miracles healing for today. When the last apostles pass there was no more healing supernaturally miracles. God does heal us through medical profession. God does heal but not supernaturally today. I order the healing oil from West Metro Church of God to see if it is true 1 John 4 :1 say to test every spirit too see if it of God, many lying false teacher goes out in the world. 2 Thessalian 2:11 God sent strong delusion as lie to fool the most elect. It is not the correct wording from the scriptures .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This church didnt use it as an idol. In fact it was a very small congregation. There were signs posted that they do not worship angels or miracles. God does heal supernaturally today.

      Delete
  6. I went to this church off and on for 30 years. I miss this pastor and those manifestations so much. Felt like going in to the courts of heaven on those glorious Sundays. My experience there carried me through some rough times in my life. Rev Gianakos, wherever you are, thanks for your devotion to the lord. See you soon brother......gabriel l. From pittsborg as you would say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a member of this church for many years, to the Skeptics there was more than one occasion when I arrived at the church pastor would be sitting in front of his office and look over at me walking in the door and say brother Ricky the angel of the Lord anointed your Bible while you were driving over the bridge. I`ed put my Bible on the counter unzip it and open it up and yes it would have been anointed. The first time was my second visit and my Bible had never left my possession it was zipped shut and he pointed me out from the altar and said there was oil in my Bible so whether you believe it or not I know it is real. By the way I`m the tall funny looking guy that would greet you at the door and let you in the gate, I would show up to church an hour early and sit and talk with pastor about everything under the sun especially gardening, he would tell me stories of what the Lord has done with him and through him over the years. Those are some of my most Treasured Memories in life. I will always be grateful to the Lord for what he did for me through pastor and his ministry. Talked to him a couple of weeks ago he's still full of Fire slowing down because of age but that's expected still a true blessing in my life.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is the pastor? Anyone know where he is at now? I drove by the church about a year ago. It looked like there is a Spanish speaking church in there now.

      Delete
  8. Brother Ricky again, always remember everybody like Pastor has always said "God is a good God expect a miracle"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved his worship, "Count your blessings one by one!"

      Delete
  9. I attended church with friend from Sweden and we both experienced oil annotating during service...friend said it is a Angel who does this...this was late 1980s

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to report that this building is yet again a flourishing church full of fervent prayer and worship! We hope you come back to visit and experience the beautiful presence of God that permeates every wall. We are continuing to contend for awakening, revival, and renewal in the San Francisco Bay Area! We are so thankful for the prayers that were prayed in this building, long before us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Curse Breaking Freemasonry and Daughters of the Eastern Star

Demonic Obsession - Torment in the Church