Night Strike Friday November 20, 2009

What an amazing Night Strike we had on Friday November 20, 2009. The day started off as a beautiful, autumn blustery day, the type where you expect Piglet from Winnie the Pooh to go blowing by your house. As the day went on, the clouds started to darken and the wind started blowing a little bit harder. The winds brought the rain by the evening.

We headed into the city, expecting one of two climates, cold rainy and windy, or unusually nice weather. The city of San Francisco tends to have its own microclimate. Elyssa, her sister Natalie, and their friend Ashley, car pooled in with Matt and I, into the city for Night Strike. Riding in with a Night Strike team member is half the fun. It’s a time to catch up with each other on what God’s doing with their ministry. Many times, we team leaders cross over into each other’s ministries to help out each other. Elyssa has been a huge blessing in my M16 Ministry. So I got to catch up with her and Stealth ministry.

With the threat of gloomy weather the Night Strike turn out was low. Actually, a little Night Strike secret, the worst weather, the lowest turnout, God tends to have a lot of fun with the people who persevered the weather. We stepped out of the car in San Francisco and the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! I put on my thermal sweatshirt and not my heavy jacket. God wasn’t finished yet in setting up this night for us. After I got out of my car, I saw my friends from VCC, Joe and Wanda Lapasinski, and Scott Van Deusen already waiting for us at the plaza. By seeing this trio I knew the night was going to rock! I told God I was going to be a little bit selfish and build my team with those three, if He wouldn’t mind. With the prospect of bad weather in the city, which there wasn’t, and the start of the Thanksgiving travel weekend, we had low numbers for teams, so I was able to build a small team of just myself, my son Matt, Wanda, Joe and Scott. It was one of those rare Night Strike occasions where we could pull off the small number teams. We had only three teams on this evening, Elyssa and Morgans team, Ellen and Leah’s team, and Matt and my team.
We had about 20 ham sandwiches, prepared by our friend, and VCC member, Diana Garnhart, the Lapasinski’s and Scott, brought, more sandwiches, beanie hats and socks (socks are like gold on the streets!). Wanda brought a special hat with her, from her friend in Sonora. Wanda’s friend said it was blessed to bring a smile to who ever it was given to.

Our team headed out for the Tenderloin, I think we were barely up Hyde, when a woman stopped us and was surprised. She just prayed out to Jesus for someone to help her and then she recognized our Night Strike team walking up the street. Our friend Valerie had been struck in the head in an altercation on the streets. Our team prayed over Valerie and where she had been struck in the head. During our prayer for healing another altercation broke out around us. A suitcase full of clothes went flying over our heads and landed about ten feet away. It was a small scuffle and not a brawl, but we were amazed out how God protected us and the suitcase miraculously cleared us and landed away from us during the prayer time. We were standing there like a bunch of bowling pins waiting to be struck down had the suitcase hit us. We continued to pray for Valerie and the young man next to her. More people showed up for prayer. In the midst of the scuffle! Valerie was getting annoyed at the disrespect of the people fighting and she insisted on taking matters into her owns for those involved in the fight. I prayed with Valerie and told her that wasn’t the way to resolve this. And God wanted her head healed so don’t engage into any violence tonight! I prayed for peace to come into Valerie.
At the same time, I mentioned during the scuffle going on near us, and was slowly moving away from us, more people showed up for prayer. There was a couple behind me being prayed over by Wanda and Joe. I know Scott was busy praying over someone as was my son Matt. I was moved in the spirit, by a woman Wanda was praying over, and God gave me a word of knowledge for her. God told me to ask her about her daughter. So I asked this woman, who afterwards I found out her name was Hope, if she had a daughter. Hope looks at me kind of puzzled, with the do I know you look. And she answered, yes. Then asked if I knew her daughter, and I answered no. I then told Hope that there was a conflict between her and her daughter and her daughter wants to work things out. Hope’s jaw nearly hit the asphalt. She told us, “How did you know that? We are on our way right now to meet her.” I told her God was revealing this to me and that everything would work out. A small bit of information but God touched her heart. Hope hugged me and we blessed her. Then we set off up Hyde to go into the Tenderloin.

We turned down one of the streets into the Tenderloin district and encountered numerous people on the streets. We prayed over many people, handed out sandwiches, beanies and socks. One stop was incredibly busy for the team. Joe and Wanda prayed for a woman named Patsy. Scott and I prayed for a woman named Trina who was a drug addict. This was a hot spot for the evening where the Holy Spirit was going to role up His sleeves and get to work.

Joe and Wanda prayed with Patsy. When Joe and Wanda were done, they gave Patsy a pair of gloves. Patsy’s hands were gnarled and wouldn’t open. Patsy told Joe and Wanda the gloves wouldn’t go on her hands because of the condition. Wanda tried putting the gloves on the hands, but they just wouldn’t go on. The fingers were clenched closed. Joe told Patsy that Jesus could open her hands. Patsy said she believed the power of Jesus could open her hands. Wanda and Joe prayed some more with Patsy and her hands opened! Patsy was excited, opening and closing her hands, and then she put on her new pair of gloves! Glory to God!

While Joe and Wanda were praying with Patsy, Scott and I were ministering to this young woman named Trina. Trina was sitting on the sidewalk, with her back propped up against the wall of a building. Scott and I gave her socks, Matt handed her a sandwich, and we asked her if there was anything she needed tonight. Trina whispered quietly she wanted prayer. Scott and I kneeled down next to Trina, layed hands on her and started praying over her.

Then God put the number 4 into my head and that it was the number of kids in her family. I asked Trina if there were four kids in her family and she said no, she didn’t have any kids. I asked her again, this time being specific, if she had 4 brothers or sisters? Trina paused a moment and told me there were adopted twins in her family and she had an older sister. That was the four God was showing me! Then God revealed to me abandonment. Trina felt abandoned by her father with the twins in her house. A lot of what was going on now with her was from abandonment. Trina started crying and we had some street deliverance going on. While Scott and I were praying and binding spirits on Trina, the enemy sent a messenger immediately to interrupt our prayer session. A rasta man shows up and starts telling me if I am real and not BS I need to give Trina financial provision. DEMON! Financial provision will go to the addiction. So I reached out and touched rasta man while Scott and I were praying for Trina. Rasta man didn’t like the Holy Spirit so he left immediately. God continued to give me a download load while the enemy was trying to jam communications. God told me to instruct Trina to get in contact with her older sister and she will help her with re-hab, because she has before. Trina nodded in affirmation as she was crying that this was correct. God said the door was open now to walk away from addiction. The first step was calling her sister who would help her. Scott and I continued praying and then we blessed Trina and moved on the Tenderloin.

A block down our team came across a few other people we ministered to. God pointed out to me one woman, in her fifties, and told me she was a prodigal daughter. I walked over and introduced myself and told her that she was in church a lot as a girl but hasn’t been back in a while. The woman, Kathryn, told me she was an orphan raised by nuns. And she spent a lot of time in the church as a kid. I told her that the Father in heaven really misses her.

As the night moved on, we found ourselves in front of a corner market praying for people. Scott, Joe and Wanda were praying for one man who needed full service healing prayer. He had glaucoma, arthritis and few another things that needed prayer. The trio spent some good quality Holy Spirit time with the man. The arthritis in his knee popped. The man moved his knee and mentioned it felt a lot better and thanked the prayer team.

As we pressed on in our walk to pray for people, we found another hot spot to
minister at. There was a group of several people. One man in particular was sitting on the ground and Scott went over and ministered to this man. As Scott prayed with this man, the man removed is sweatshirt hood and revealed to Scott and a portion of his left side of his head was gone. Scott had some quality Holy Spirit time with this man. I stood vigil on the streets, since the area was another hot spot, more so than the spot with the scuffle and the suitcase flying, as our team ministered to the people here.

Wanda and Joe ministered to a woman named Christy. A little deliverance was going on in that prayer session. I kept an eye on the streets and God told me that Christy needed to hear she was forgiven. It had to do with children. I didn’t want to interrupt Joe and Wanda so I waited for the opportune time. When the time was right I asked Christy if there was something in her life about children she needed to know she was forgiven for. Christy was already teary eyed from her session with Joe and Wanda. Christy confided she had numerous abortions. God told me she was forgiven. She told me I don’t give forgiveness, God does. I told her I was talking to God right now and that he was the one telling her she was forgiven. Then God told me she raises children. Christy said she has no children of her own. But she watches her sisters kids, because her sister is always getting in trouble. All the spiritual pieces were coming together with Joe and Wanda’s praying. Christy confided she didn’t want to live anymore, not that she wanted to commit suicide, but she just didn’t want to live. God told me that Christy was a big influence on women and that she is going to be around for quite sometime because there is one woman she hasn’t fully helped yet. Christy replied teary eyed, O-God. My sister! Christy was touched by the Holy Spirit.

It was now getting late and we headed back to the plaza. We managed to distribute all the supplies we had. As we were nearing the plaza, I noticed some peculiar spiritual activity on a street corner. A man was flopping around like a spineless jelly fish. He was flailing around and trying to secure himself to a street lamp pole. He was under the influence of his addiction, yes, but I recognized the fluidic movement of the body as demonic. I boldly walked across the street and engaged the enemy in the spirit realm. For a man that had no self-control over his body, he was able to immediately turn down my request for assistance. The man was flailing around and was yet able to answer my questions. In boldness I reached out and put my hand on his back to pray. The man suddenly stopped flailing around and regained full motor control to walk away from me. The demon hotfooted it away from me.

It was an incredible night on the streets. I really enjoyed having a special night of ministry with my friends. Team leader Morgan was even interviewed on channel 5 on this evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Service at the Oil Church in San Francisco

Curse Breaking Freemasonry and Daughters of the Eastern Star

Demonic Obsession - Torment in the Church